Music Users

If you are broadcasting or playing sound recordings in public, a SAMPRA licence is required.

SAMPRA issues licences to South African radio broadcasters who use sound recordings (records, tapes, CDs) in SAMPRA’s repertoire in their transmissions and SAMPRA also issue licences to shops, restaurants, pubs and clubs and other music users who render sound recordings in SAMPRA’s repertoire audible in public.

A SAMPRA licence enables music users to play literally millions of sound recordings on their business premises.

Types of Music Usage

Click on the category that best describes your business or usage, to find out how SAMPRA can help you.